Wednesday, May 27, 2015

An Inky Hello

Hello, it's good to see everyone again this morning!

I'm here today to share the card I made for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #124!

As you can see by looking at the sketch below... I took some liberties with this one!

At first I tried... and tried... and tried to construct a bug "HI" across the front of the card. I tried stamping, paper piecing, embossing... nothing worked for me and came out the way I was thinking it should.

So, I decided that I would interpret that big "HI" as a "large element on the front of the card" and broke out a stencil!

I sponged my stripe pattern in Scattered Straw Distress ink and then inked up another piece of white in Salty Ocean. From that piece I die cut my "hello" sentiment and punched some little stars. The die cut I covered in Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents. To the stars I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

The die cut hello looked a bit stark so I textured some silver metallic vellum and used a coordinating die to cut a shadow for the word... and that finished the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time with me today... if you would like to see more of my cards be sure to follow my blog so you don't miss anything :)


Supplies Used:
Paper - Whisper White (SU); Silver Metallic Vellum (TPS)
Inks - Scattered Straw and Salty Ocean Distress Ink
Dies - Bicycle2Stamp Club Die Set (TSoL)
Punches - Star Punch
Other - Stripes Stencil (SU); Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen; Glossy Accents; Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU); Random Dots Embossing Folder (SU)

1 comment: