Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thank You for the Memories... CAS Colours & Sketches

Good Morning Everyone! Today is my last post as a Guest Designer with CAS Colours & Sketches... it's been lots of fun and while I'm sorry to see it come to an end, I'll be back next week, playing along and having fun again in the next challenge!

This week is Sketch Challenge #134. I've posted it below so you can see how I did!

I started with a white card base and stamped the box from the sketch using SU's Gorgeous Grunge in Pool Party.

The flowers were created with stamps and dies by Papertrey Ink called The Sweet Life. The blooms are created in 3 steps using So Saffron, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie inks. The leaves are separate and require 2 steps which I completed in Wild Wasabi and Old Olive.

Finally, the little Thank You banner is from SU's Itty Bitty Banners set. I stamped it in Versafine Black Onyx and then just cut it out with scissors.

The part you can't see is the clear Wink of Stella that has been applied over the darker portions of the floral image... in real life it's very pretty!

A big thank you to everyone at CAS Colours & Sketches for allowing me to join their ranks this last month. It has been a wonderful experience!






5 comments:

  1. Going out in style Stephanie, this is one gorgeous CAS card. I can never use that particular Grunge stamp, it never looks right to me but you've nailed it here. The blossoms are so summery and bright. Thank you for being an awesome Guest DT member
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb use of that background stamp and your flowers are just to die for! Loved all of your cards as Guest DT Stephanie, but this has to be my favourite. It's been amazing having you on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your three part blooms and leaves. I don't own any stamps like that but yours are beautiful. Thanks for your contribution this month at CC&S. You've been a fabulous GD and we look forward to your continued participation. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, I really like how you've used the grunge stamp to create the square element of the sketch. It's been great having you as a guest designer at CC&S. Thank you so much for being a part of our challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous, summery card Stephanie! I love the background-great idea!, and the flowers are beautiful! Thanks for being such an inspiring guest designer this month and I look forward to seeing your entries to our challenges again! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete