|Card inspired by K Werner Design|
Today's project is a simple, one layer card that is easy to customize with your choice of images and color scheme.
You need only cut your card base for this design, a standard A2 (11 X 4 1/4" scored and folded at 5 1/2"), top-folding card; mine is cut from Crumb Cake as I like the way this technique shows on a kraft background.
I chose rainbow colors for this card to match the inspiration piece but it would like awesome in just about any combination... I'm thinking I may do blues next... Snowflakes anyone?
Let's get started!
1. Place your card base on a piece of scrap paper and cover the top fold area. I used painter's tape that stuck to my hand a couple of times to "de-stickify" it some.
2. Using Whisper White Craft Pigment Ink, stamp the sentiment in the bottom 1/3 of the card toward the right. You may want to use a positioning tool on your first stamp just in case you need to stamp again and darken it up some.
3. Using the Snowshoe and Ice Skate stamps, stamp rows of images starting at the top of the card all the way to the bottom.
4. Allow some time for the pigment ink to dry before continuing to make sure none of the images are smudged.
5. Using pigment inks, stamp over the white images in rows of different colors as illustrated below. You will get an off-set image if you position your block so that the stamp covers the white image below.
6. Carefully remove the painter's tape and re-fold the card, crease well.
7. Optionally you can cut a piece of Whisper White or Very Vanilla to 5 1/4 X 4" to place on the inside of the card to create an area to easily write your message.
And that's all there is to it! Try this one with all your favorite images and color combinations!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PROJECT PDF --- WINTER WISHES CARD