Thursday, February 26, 2015

Make It Monday #202: Anchoring With Border And Banner Dies

Good morning from snowy and cold Wyoming! It's going to be a balmy 15 degrees today... Brrr!

As you may have noticed, I'm a devoted fan of Papertrey Ink.
I buy lots of their supplies and stamps sets and I also take part in their weekly challenges called Make It Monday.

This week's challenge was to use snippets of border and/or banner dies to anchor a central die cut shape. 

At first, I had no idea how I was going to answer the call but as I cut things out and threw them on top of each other, a design started to take shape!

I'm not sure what I was going for but I really like that it became a happy celebration of colors and textures with different vellum cuts and stacked sequins ~ Perfect to wish a special someone a very festive Birthday!

Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Cardstocks in Clssic Kraft, New Leaf & Raspberry Fizz, Patterned paper from the Funky Town pack, Patterned and Silver Pearl Vellum from The Paper Studio
Ink - PTI Classic Kraft
Dies - PTI Loop de Loop II and Happy Hexagons Cover Plate
Stamps - PTI Borders and Corners Mini Set
Other - Embossing Folder from Stampin' Up, Heart Punch and Baker's Twine by The Paper Studio, Let's Polka Sequin mix by Lawn Fawn

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is bright and beautiful! Love your layers!

    ReplyDelete