Sunday, March 1, 2015

Clean & Simple in Raspberry Fizz!

Good Sunday Morning fellow Card Makers & Scrappers! Welcome to the blog and my entry for CAS(E) this Sketch! #112!

I've posted this week's sketch below so you can see how I measured up with my rendition!

I love the CAS style and appreciate "white space" as much as the next gal but today... with the gloom and the snow and the cold... I needed some Summer color and Pop!

With that on my mind, I created my card in Raspberry Fizz and Orange Zest!

I used a partial die cutting technique, for the first time ever by the way, to cut out just the top part of my die cut hello. It's a little bit rough but if you don't look too close it's not so bad :)

I was going to leave it plain and just let the die cut area "do the talking" so to speak but it looked unbalanced to me... so I added some stripes of tone on tone color to the top and bottom... not a huge statement but you can see it for sure!


Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI's Orange Zest & Raspberry Fizz
Ink - PTI's Orange Zest & Raspberry Fizz, VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps - PTI's Wonderful Words Hello, Stampin' Up's Work of Art
Die - PTI's Wonderful Words Hello
Other - Fun Foam

2 comments:

  1. Love your bold take on this week's sketch. Fabulous use of the partial die cutting method. I am not always able to make it work for me, so I am impressed with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete