Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Is As Happy Does...

So what to do when you don't have the sentiment you want for your card... make it yourself!

Today's card was made for two challenges... 

This week's Less Is More Challenge is "This Makes Me Happy". What about this card represents what makes me happy? There's a couple of things actually... I didn't have the sentiment "Happy Is As Happy Does" so I created it with vellum, a VersaMarker and some Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. It makes me happy that I'm creative and I can problem-solve to create the things I want to create. Second, I believe the words... I'm happy when I'm creating and putting all of my creations together to show to you makes me happy!

The second challenge this card will be entered into is Addicted to CAS, Challenge #58 - Distress. One of my favorite techniques is to "watercolor" with Distress Inks and stamps. I used inks in Worn Lipstick, Broken China and Dusty Concord on a Hero Arts stamp to create my floral design!

I've been thinking lately that I can never find just exactly what I want to say in sentiment stamps... I guess I could buy an alphabet set and make them up each time... but wouldn't it be cool to have my own stamps made? Maybe other people would like them too... hmmm... something to think more about.

Supplies Used:
Paper - PTI Classic Kraft, Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Paper, Vellum
Ink - Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Broken China & Dusty Concord, VersaMarker
Stamps - Hero Arts Small Floral
Other - Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing Powder

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we gave you an extra excuse to get happy!
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sentiment and card Stephanie.
    Love those blooms and beautiful colours - makes me happy too.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie you did an awesome job on that sentiment, lovely happy flowers too!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Love those blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love those blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sentiment is perfect and I love those flowers. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete