Monday, March 23, 2015

It's All Black in White

Happy Monday everyone! I'm squeaking in just under the wire with my card for Freshly Made Sketches 178!

I hadn't planned for the card to be black and white... it just sort of ended up that way and it's likely because of the patterned vellum... I'm just really liking this pack from Stampin' Up!

I stitched the vellum to the top of the card base with my sewing machine and then added a white banner, a black circle and a white, textured butterfly die cut by Momenta.

It's hard to see in the photo but the butterfly has areas of crystal clear glitter that would have caught the light nicely had the sun not chosen to hide at the exact moment I snapped this picture!

I seem to be a little fixated on Butterflies and Flowers these days but I think that has a lot to do with a horrible case of Spring Fever!



Supplies Used:
Paper - Stamper's Select White (PTI); Black cardstock; Sheer Perfection Vellum (SU)
Stamps - Another Thank You (SU)
Die - Butterfly (Momenta); Sizzix Circle Stack
Ink - VersaMark
Other - Argyle Embossing Folder (SU); Hero Arts White Embossing Powder; Clear Super Fine Glitter

1 comment:

  1. I love how this looks in black and white. The butterfly background is gorgeous and your textured butterfly is a wonderful focal point. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete