Wednesday, April 1, 2015

19 & Counting

My son's 19th birthday is coming up here soon... too soon for my liking! But, it's going to get here whether I like it or not so when the new challenge from CAS on Sunday was posted, it was time to get his card made.

CAS on Sunday Challenge #55 Numbers, perfect for my needs and the CAS style is perfect for my son who is about the least frilly person you will ever meet.

I kept the card to black and white as it's for a young man and then used an embossing folder to create the main image panel.

I added the 1 and 9 with Heidi Swapp stickers but they were bright white and faded into the background more than I wanted. I solved that problem by coating them with silver pearl embossing powder. The powder didn't change the color all that much but it did make them stand out just enough that I was much happier with the look.

I finished up with a Happy Birthday sentiment from Stampin' Up's Guy Greetings set and then just popped the whole deal up with some fun foam over a black card base.

Quick, Easy and Oh so CAS!

Supplies Used:
Paper - Black and White Cardstock
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, VersaMarker
Stamps - Guy Greetings (SU)
Other - Pointing Hand Embossing Folder (TPS); Number Stickers (HS); Silver Pearl Embossing Powder (Whispers)


No comments:

Post a Comment