Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Welcome Spring

Monday is behind us... Phew!

On to Tuesday and my big butterfly card created for CAS(E) this Sketch #188!

I began with the Stampin' Up's largest butterfly thinlit die and inked the cardstock to create a stylized version of a Monarch.

My "sunny" butterfly was then set into a pretty, clear blue sky with a scatter of sequins in the shape of little flowers.

I finished off the sketch and the card by adding my sentiment on a strip of Vellum in silver embossing powder. 

I'm not usually a big fan of shaped sequins but I'm starting to get the hang of them!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and that there's sunshine where you are!



Supplies Used:
Paper - Spring Rain & Stamper's Select White Cardstock (PTI); Vellum
Ink - Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge & Broken China (Distress Ink); Versamark
Stamps - A Wreath for All Seasons (PTI)
Die - Butterflies Thinlits (SU)
Other - Ranger Silver Embossing Powder, Assorted Sequins

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch--that is one gorgeous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete