Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Sea of Stars to Say Congrats!

There seems to be a lot of people around me these days doing some pretty amazing things so I've needed lots of Congratulations type cards!

I made this one for a friend but also for two different card challenges this week...

This card will be entered into the  Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #185 and also into the CASology Challenge #145: Shape.

I was looking at the FMS sketch, trying to figure out what to do with it when I decided that I wanted to texture the background. Once I brought out SU's Stars embossing folder, it all fell into place from there.
As this card is for a gentleman, I kept the colors to shades of blue... even the glitter paper doesn't look all that girly with the metallic vellum over top! I think he's going to like it!

Supplies Used:
Paper - Spring Rain & Hawaiian Shores (PTI); Neenah Solar White 100#; Blue Glitter Paper (DCWV); Silver Metallic Vellum
Stamps - PiggyBank2Stamp (SoL)
Dies - Stars Framelits (SU)
Ink - VersaMark
Other - Stars Embossing Folder (SU); Zing White Embossing Powder


3 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love the star and embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stars are a perfect way to say congrats! So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A star shape is so perfect for a congrats card! Fantastic sketch for it too! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete