Friday, March 20, 2015

All Things Grown With Love

I'm really starting to like watercolor painting... or I guess it's sort of painting.

I've made this card for the CASology: Week 138: Blossom Challenge and I figured what better stamp to use than Stampin' Up's Blended Bloom!

I loved this stamp as soon as I saw it! It was likely created to showcase their Blendabilities markers but sadly, those are no longer... and I already had Copics so I didn't buy too many of them anyway. 

Regardless, the stamp is awesome because you can do so much with it... Copics, Colored Pencils, or inky watercoloring like I've done here!

I started by stamping in VersaMark on watercolor paper and then heat embossing with Hero Arts white embossing powder. It was then just a matter of filling in each petal with inks and lots of water. I used Distress inks which pretty much guarantees a beautiful blending of the colors! Just remember to always let them dry completely before making on a final judgement on your project; I thought I'd killed this one when it was wet but I came back later to find a gem when it was totally dry!

I finished off the card by trimming the watercolor paper down to a narrow strip and mounting it on a white card base. I then mounted my sentiment stamp at a curve to "hug" my blossom and stamped it above and below the flower. Finally, and just because I can never leave well enough alone, I added a strip of Plum Pudding cardstock down one side and covered the whole image in Wink of Stella clear glitter pen which I really wish you could see in the picture but... not so much. I promise it's very sparkly!


Supplies Used:
Paper - Stamper's Select White & Plum Pudding (PTI); Watercolor Paper
Inks - VersaMark, Versafine; Distress Inks in Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves, Scattered Straw & Mustard Seed (Ranger)
Stamps - Blended Bloom (SU); Garden of Life (PTI)
Other - White Embossing Powder (HA); Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen

3 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie!! Oh, you stopped me in my tracks. Purple is my favorite color and paired with the yellow. You did an amazing job. I don't have that flower stamp but I ordered it just now. Its fantastic!! Great job. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, your flower is stunning! Really gorgeous ink work there! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same with you, Stephanie! I started to like watercoloring recently! :) Great coloring with simple design! Love your card! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at CASology. Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete