Thursday, June 11, 2015

An Ocean of Love

Hello Everyone! Welcome back to Wyoming this beautiful Thursday morning!

Today's card was made for the Less Is More Challenge Week 227: Colour. This week's color theme is Sunset.

I have a thing for whales... I just think they're neat and I now have 3 stamp sets with a whale theme... this one is by Papertrey Ink!

I'm also enthralled with partial die cutting these days and practicing every chance I get!

My card began with a panel of Aqua Mist cardstock where I planned out my die cutting. I put my whale into place first and cut him out all except for the very bottom.

Next came the circle framelit which I place around the whale and only cut to the stopping point at the bottom of the whale... does that make sense?

Once the die cutting was complete, I marked out the area of my white card base that would show through the opening and sponged my sunset in ink. After that, it was a simple matter of stamping my whale image into place, adding a sentiment a few little hearts, all from the same set, to complete the card!

I LOVE how this one came out!

Thank you all for taking some time to spend with me today, have a great one!


4 comments:

  1. This is terrific Stephanie, what a lovely little sunset scene!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Love those colours blended with the aqua base.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Stephanie. Brilliant inking and a cute and clever little sea scene
    Love it.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie I would never have thought of combining whales and sunsets - but wow this is just amazing, clever and stylish design - love it!
    Thank you very much for joining us.
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete