Saturday, April 11, 2015

Birthday Wishes in Ombre

It's Saturday once again and I have to tell you, I'm very happy about that! What a week!

This afternoon I'm sharing the card I made for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge #208: Ombre Stamping and I'm happy to report I did not cheat! 

In the video tutorial a Misti stamping tool was used to repeatedly stamp the image, exactly so, until the colors and effect were just perfect. I have not purchased a Misti just yet... I want to but, haven't yet so my first thought was to ink the paper and then die cut... I didn't though!

I just played around with inking tools, makeup sponges and even my fingers until I got the stamped images I wanted and then cut them out with the matching dies.

The stamp set I used, Birthday Style by PTI, provided all of the other elements that brought this card together!

Supplies Used:
Paper - Stamper's Select White & Raspberry Fizz Cardstock (PTI)
Stamps & Dies - Birthday Style (PTI)
Inks - Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst & Sweet Blush (PTI); Versafine Onyx Black; VersaMark
Other - Black Thread, Sequins by Pretty Pink Posh

No comments:

Post a Comment